Verse of the Week

NIV Col 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

KJV Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

I get caught up in the day to day things on this earth-laundry, dinner, fixing my silly hair. In this verse, God tells me I need to keep my focus on heavenly things. When I remember to, I enjoy focusing on the spiritual blessings mentioned in Eph 1:3. I have been listening to a study on all of the spiritual blessings we recieve when we trust Christ as our Savior. It has been amazing all the things I thought I knew, but never KNEW.

Many times in scripture, the word "knew" means intimate. Adam knew his wife... Now in that particular context (Gen 4:1) one can figure out what it meant, but practically, the word "knew" means "getting intimate with".

KNOWING scripture and focusing on the truth it teaches us, will help us keep focused on the bigger picture. Study it. Read it. Learn its ins and outs.

I can't wait to post this one on my mirror, to help me re-direct my thoughts this week!

No comments:

MOPS Tea Party 2008

MOPS Tea Party 2008
Looking Good Girls!