Poll Results!

The question asked was:

What activity do you do most with your child/ren during the summer?

Camp
Swim
Go to the Park
Go to a Friend's House and Play
Other

A couple Moms said Camping, and one said Swimming, but the majority of our Moms said Go to the Park (66%).

Rapid City has many parks, and I thought I would pass along the link to the Rapid City Parks Website. Many of the parks on the list do not contain playground equipment, however, if you keep a kickball or Frisbee in the vehicle, you could always have something to do if you are going to a new park. The city also has 5 parks or areas that you are allowed to have your dog with you, off leash.

This amenities page (you will need Adobe Reader to view it) will show you which parks have what.

I have also taken my boys to the school playgrounds. During the summer they are not used. One of our favorites is up on the north side of town. (If my memory is right...) It is at Knollwood Elementary (off of Herman Street, off of Anamosa). There are several neat things there, mostly for 3-5 year olds, but there are some things for the younger kids to do. My favorite is the slide. It has no sides, and your legs go on the outside. I will post a picture of it soon.

Spearfish also has a great park. If you are ever in the area, I highly suggest the Spearfish Park, near the Fish Hatchery.

For those Moms who said they liked camping and swimming, if you so choose, please comment on your favorite camping and swimming spots. It is nice to hear other Mom's opinion on what they like and why! And for you park goers...please comment on your favorite park as well!

1 comment:

GodsThunderFamily said...

I must have been the only one who said swimming? My kids and I go faithfully every week all summer. I love the zero depth pools when I have a crawler/walker toddler -- at Parkview and Sioux Park pools. They both have good shade options, sometimes Parkview is easier to get a spot in the shade... more umbrellas there. My bigger kids love Parkview too, for the HUGE sandbox behind the umbrella area. Gives them something to do during pool breaks.

We get a family punch pass, 10 punches on 4 cards. They allow family members to "share" punches with each other (but not with a neighbor or friend). It costs $80 and has lasted me two summers the last 4 years I have purchased them. That is an average of $40 per summer -- 8 or more times at the pool each summer, for our family of 4 (Liv is still free).

MOPS Tea Party 2008

MOPS Tea Party 2008
Looking Good Girls!