Verse of the Week

NIV: Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

KJV: Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians is such a great book. A book of joy. I love turning to this book when I am having a bad day, since it builds me up in Christ. This upcoming year of MOPS, we will be discussing "ADVENTURES IN MOTHERING". During these meetings, we will be having loads of fun and gain lots of knowledge. However, in our homes and lives, not all adventures will be planned, fun, or exciting. Many will be demanding, complicated, and frustrating.

I remember the first time I went through the haunted train ride at the County Fair. I was very young (before I trusted Christ's finished work on the cross as payment for my sins) It was so exhilarating knowing that I was in for something new and exciting. Almost the whole time I was spooked and frightened. The only thing I focused on was the fact that I was going to make it through, since I had watched the kids go in and out many, many times.

Being a mom has that same feeling at times.

"What ever made me think I was capable of doing this?"
"How will I deal with these children when they get older?"
"What am I doing?"

God has given believers the necessary skills to cope with all sorts of adventures that will come our way. The Scriptures are our instruction manual on how to cope with these scary rides. Scripture even states that the trials that we go through help us grow (Rom 5:3-4). Then, when we see someone going through the same, we are able to serve and help them.

I am going to write out this verse and put it on my mirror. Think on it. Pray about it. I hope you will as well!

No comments:

MOPS Tea Party 2008

MOPS Tea Party 2008
Looking Good Girls!